○ Learn about the founder, Tulani Thomas’ career path and journey to starting a publishing and “green” lifestyle company. ○ Learn the process of publishing and writing a book.
○ Learn who are the contributors of a book and a their role.
○ Complements many of the national Common Core State
○ Standards in English and Science.
○ Live or virtual author visit.
○ Lively Q&A and discussion about themes in book.
○ Interactive trivia/game and prizes.
○ Book signing, photograph with the author.
○ Inspire students to envision themselves as authors in their own right.
○ Artistic projects, interactive games and student presentations around story theme.
○ Explore connections between daily activities and environmental change;
○ Understand the various aspects of green living or “going green”.
○ Learn how the 3 Rs (recycle, reuse, reduce) can be exercised daily in our communities.
○ Learn best daily practices that support eco-friendly living in our immediate and wider communities.
○Inspire students to envision themselves and act as agents of environmental change in their organizations, communities, and beyond.
After a TuTu presentation, all leave feeling empowered that their SMALL ACTS make BIG IMPACTS in affecting environmental change.